Friday, May 25, 2018

Teacher In Me



 
What it means to be a teacher?

Teaching is a very strenuous profession. It is not a job where you will just discuss the lecture and go away, rather, it demands a lot from you - time, effort, optimistic and flexible mind, deep understanding - everything. It entails interaction between the teacher and the students in a way that the teacher should have the prowess to arouse the interest of his/her students in education. As a teacher and a facilitator, one must feed an extra learning support to his/her students which has a big impact to them to be positive in schooling - that will also result to a positive and successful education.

Honestly talking, I don't mean sacrificing my sleep just to make lesson plans and visual aids and becoming a teacher has never been on my wish list - it was my mother who wanted it. It's not that I hate teaching, I just can't imagine myself being a teacher. When I was in High School, I have list of courses I want to take - BS Accountancy, BS Psychology, BS Criminology - but never have crossed in my mind the BEEd or BSEd. But here I am, ended up being an Education student.

When I finish the first semester of year one, I thought of shifting a course but still ended up enrolling myself in the College of Education for the second semester. Year one had finished and I thought again of shifting to AB Filipino or AB English for a reason that I failed my major and my peers from other colleges were all shifting to the said courses, but still I ended up staying in the College of Education. lol

Year two had finished and year three is coming and I have came to a sudden realization that I want to teach. I found myself sharing what I have learned to others younger than me and I have never been overwhelmed in my whole life when someone would say "'Te patudlo ko sa akong assignment sa Math bi. Gusto nako ni matun-an" Since then, I knew, I knew that I want to be a teacher and I want to make a difference and create a better world for my future students. Since then, I knew that teachers are not only teachers - they are those who unveil the hidden potentials of their students. Teachers are not only teachers - they are those who fit themselves to their students' shoes in order for them to fully understand them. Teachers are not called teachers by only discussing the lecture alone - it's beyond that, it's deeper than that - it's teaching with a heart.

I may not be graduating next academic year and may sound bragging but I can say that I am now ready to teach 21st century learners. I am now ready to create an informative as well as fun learning environment for the students. I am now ready to teach my future students to the best of my knowledge. I am now ready to become a teacher.

7 comments:

  1. The most important knowledge teachers need to do good work is a knowledge of how students are experiencing learning and perceiving their teacher’s actions.
    be a good teacher ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go future teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to choose the teaching profession. It calls you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A persevere teacher in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you really have a bright future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know that you are ready but still, open yourself to more learnings and experience! Good luck Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Teacher In Me

  What it means to be a teacher? Teaching is a very strenuous profession. It is not a job where you will just discuss the lecture an...