Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Click Away!

"I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph." - Leon Levinstein

The aforementioned quote reminds me of the days I took some photographs because our instructor required us to do so. Walking under the piercingly hot sun with my phone was one of the most exhausting yet exciting things I have ever experience. I felt like a professional photographer with every angle I click.


Below are six (6) common photography compositions.


#1 LEADING LINES

Leading lines are one of the most effective and under-utilized composition tools available to photographers. You can use them to draw the viewer's attention to specific part of the frame, whether it's a person, or a vanishing point in the background of the frame.









"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs,"


















"The future is ahead of us."













#2 RULE OF THIRDS

The rule of thirds is applied by aligning a subject with the guide lines and their intersection points, placing the horizon on the top or bottom line, or allowing linear features in the image to flow from section to section.










"Talk less, more water."

















"Slowing down is sometimes the best way to speed up."












#3 CONTRAST

Contrast is the scale of difference between black and white in your images. Without contrast you wouldn't have an image because there wouldn't be any differentiation between light and dark - everything would be black, white, or a single shade of grey somewhere in between.










"Be not afraid of growing slowly."

















"A white flower grows in the quietness. Let your tongue become that flower."












#4 NATURAL FRAME

A natural frame is created when you place a secondary object such as a tree or a door in a scene of a photograph so that it frames your main subject. Composing a photo with a natural frame is a great way to direct the viewer's eye to your subject and add depth and dimension to the photo.









"Every hole is your business."


















"The environment is everything that isn't me - it is calm."










#5 BIRD'S EYE VIEW

A bird's eye view is an elevated view of an object from the above, with the perspective as though the observer were a bird, often used in making blueprints, floor plans, and maps.








"One flag, one land. One heart, one nation evermore."


















"The cloud is just the beginning of limit."












#6 WORM'S EYE VIEW

A worm's eye view is a view of an object from below, as though the observer were a worm - it is the opposite of bird's eye view.










"Sometimes you need to look at life upside down."

















"As water collected in a tank gets pure by filtration, so accumulated wealth is preserved by being employed in charity."










9 comments:

Teacher In Me

  What it means to be a teacher? Teaching is a very strenuous profession. It is not a job where you will just discuss the lecture an...